If as a result of monitoring and review, it appears that policies and allocations are not being met and development is not coming forward in a sustainable or timely manner, the Council will be proactive in using its powers to respond to changing circumstances.
The following mechanisms can be triggered:
- Actions to bring forward sites for development, wherever possible, in partnership with landowners and developers
- Action to bring forward development sites on previously developed land
- Use of Compulsory Purchase Orders to unlock sites
- Working with partners to bring forward investment in infrastructure
- Review of land allocations or policies in the Local Development Plan